Sunday, December 27, 2009

Hello. This week was christmas, and it was an exciting one. The craziness began on monday, the 22nd, when I had no money to buy Alyse and Tommy their presents. You see, our family has a tradition of having each kid being assigned another kid (and in my case, kid and spouse) in the family. I was assigned to Alyse and Tommy. For about the last 2 months, I had been broke. My mom always offered me chores to do as a way to earn money. I had never accepted before, but now I had to since Alyse and Tommy were having their first christmas with each other. I asked what they wanted and they said that they wanted to get more board games so that their game choice was increased from Monopoly and Phase 10. I cleaned the inside and windows of my mom's car so that I could get $40 for that. It may seem like a lot to buy a game and some stocking stuff, but after one trip I ran out of cash. So I had to work some more. I had to go and clean out every bathroom, vacuum the upstairs, and mop the kitchen for $30 then I finished up and only needed about 7 of those dollars. I used $3 for tithing and $20 for a little gift for dad. For christmas I received a Phoenix Suns Sweatshirt (From Bethany and Denice, who bought it and sent it to Bethany), a Phoenix Suns Hat (Santa), a book(Santa), and a few other things. It was very exciting.

3 comments:

Alec Myres said...

Christmas eve was sure fun at your house... you're awesome.

Denice said...

I am glad it fit you... I was worried... save your pennies and next time you come to Phoenix you can come to our Walmart and get more cool Suns gear for cheap! :)

alyse said...

woop woop de doop! you are awesome.