Sunday, June 27, 2010

HI!!! The last time that posted an entry on this blog was on may 2nd. Almost two months. Since then, these things have happened:
  • My birthday
  • Lakers won the NBA Finals
  • Camille left and came back from Nicaragua
  • USA got kicked out of the world cup (i don't like them, so I don't care. GO NETHERLANDS!!!)
  • I finished 9th grade
  • I went on my high adventure
  • My friend Steven McCombs moved back to mexico
These are a lot of things, and I will go in order.
My birthday was a big thing. I got to eat Cocoa Puffs and go to Red Robin. I played volleyball with Austin, some of his friends, and Kipp Muir. It was a lot of fun, and to finish it off, all the school stuff with people singing and wishing me happy birthday. I am now 15, and only 3 years left in high school.
My school year finished, and as I said, only 3 more years of the Irvine Public school system. My GPA went up from a 3.33 to about a 3.6, and I will do even better next year. I hope that it just goes up and up to a 4.o next year.
The Lakers also won the NBA Finals. I hate them, but they barely got through the Suns, who are very good. I was pretty excited that the Suns even got that far, so i was okay with that out come. I still HATE the lakers with a deep passion.
On another sports note, the biggest sport event in the world began. The world cup. Anyone who knows me knows that I have no desire to become a major soccer fan or player. But... Every four years is completely fine for me. I am cheering for the Netherlands and pretty much any African nation that was in it. I am not a USA fan, and I never have been. It is a lot of fun figuring out soccer and watching the best go at it head to head. So far i have rooted for Cameroon, Ivory Coast, Algeria, the Netherlands, Uruguay and Ghana. Only 3 are left, but whatever, hopefully one of them wins. USA got kicked out by Ghana on Saturday, 2-1 in a pretty good game.
I went on the High Adventure from Thursday until Saturday. It was a lot of fun. The first day we drove down there and just messed around camp from 6 to about 10. Then we went to sleep. The second day, we went to the beach all day. We drove to the kayaking store that rented us snorkeling gear and kayaks to go and snorkel near some caves. It was so much fun, and there were some pretty cool things under water. Then we just hung out and went boogie boarding for a while. After that, we went back to camp and sat around for a while. Connor had his water polo ball and also a box for his tent. We figured out how to play basketball with it and that was fun. We then went to sleep and woke up that morning sorer and more tired than the day before. we were exhausted, but that didn't stop us from tubing for 2 miles down a little river that ran through the whole camp site. I have some bruises on my lower back, but it was loads of fun. Then we packed up and went home.
One of my good friends, Steven, moved back to Mexico today. He moved here for a year to see what it was like, and I think that he liked it. He was a cool dude, and I am going to miss having him here as another Mormon kid at school. He was really funny and nice, and just like his cousin, Connor, who he lived with.

My new phone



No other photos will go on, but later.



Fancy phone, eh?

2 comments:

Alec Myres said...

Thank you for returning to virtual blogland. I am graced by your presence.

alyse said...

i agree with what alec says. FINALLY, i've been WAITING for you to update for MONTHS! so glad to hear that things are actually going well. i don't believe it unless i read it on the blog.