Sunday, February 20, 2011


Well, I finally had my court of honor. There were 6 boys who got it, and it was not as long as I thought it would be. I decided to give my mentor award to Alistair Hawker, but he passed away in December. It is really too bad, but it was nice being able to honor him at the Eagle Court of Honor. I said "I have chosen to give my mentor award to Alistair Hawker. Even though he was such an expert in the field of building cabinets and other furniture, he was kind enough to help me do my project. Such a gesture shows how humble a man he was and did not care if he was building for a Temple or a scout. He wanted everything perfect, never got frustrated at my cluelessness, and showed how someone can help another, even if they did not know them very well. Without Brother Hawker, I don’t know how or when I would have finished my project. I don’t think he was ever a Boy Scout, but he was the epitome of scout spirit, an adult helping a 14 year old boy, just trying to build a couple of cabinets. I wanted to give him this award today, but he suddenly passed away this last December, so I would like to invite his wife Patrice up to the stand to give her the award." After I said this, his wife came up and took the pin, and the crowd of people clapped and clapped for a good 3 or 4 minutes. I felt really good, but while this was happening, it was hard to not get nervous and a little emotional. I didn't cry, but I was shaking for the second part, which was a reflection on scouts in general. It was a really nice ceremony, and I could feel as though Brother Hawker was there listening.
This is my friend Connor and I. I never knew he was that much shorter than me.
This is Connor, Myself, Param Shaw, Matthew Kupferer, Tyler Muir, and Harrison Scovill
e. The newest eagles.

Blake Griffin Won the NBA Dunk Contest. He dunked over a car, and Hung on the rim by his elbow. This one other Guy, Serge Ibaka, Dunked from the Free Throw Line. Crazy stuff goes on. BYU is owning still, but I hope they didn't peak early and Jimmer is only good for the first 3/4 of the season.
Life Is Good

4 comments:

alyse said...

hey you're a rockstar dallin! good for you.

Dana said...

Very nice court of honor...I was and am proud of you for doing such a great job. The place was packed! So good to finally have it done.

Denice said...

Congrats Dallin, can't imagine a nicer honor for his wife to accept for him. Way to be!

alyse said...

dallin, blog about NCAA bb and your bracket! mine is doing pretty well. i'm probably going to win or something.