Sunday, February 13, 2011

No one reads this, but whatever


Alyse says she reads my blog. Yeah right. No one does. It is a good place to write about my life and talk about random things such as volleyball or good scriptures. I think its kind of cool if no one reads it, then I don't have to watch what I write.
Anyways, today in church I was thinking about what a friend had said, which was that it says in the Bible that there is no other book allowed. I think he was talking about Revelation 22:18, which is "For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and [from] the things which are written in this book". This is saying that you cannot add or subtract from the Bible, but the Book of Mormon is introduced as "The Book of Mormon is a volume of holy scripture comparable to the Bible". Not adding, not subtracting, but having teachings that are common with the Bible. I also found John 10:16, which says "And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd." It is talking about how he was going to visit the Americas and other followers of him.
Well, volleyball is really coming on fast in 1 or 2 weeks. I am excited, but scared because I have no idea of what to expect because my club team wasn't all that good. I hope I am ready when the time comes. Austin is ready, then 2 other kids on the team are pretty ready. I really hope there can be four with me that are ready instead of 3.
Jimmer Fredette is destroying right now, which is good. If BYU was to win the championship, (and I am not expecting them to, just a what if) no one would ever make fun of me for wanting to go to BYU or anything.
Life is good

8 comments:

Dallin Murphy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dana said...

I read your blog faithfully and love to read all of your thoughts about life, etc. I know you are going to have a great experience this season with volleyball and with school. Thanks for being such a great coach to Cole, also, this season. And thanks for Halop for the A+.

alyse said...

i don't see how you can say that i never read your blog or comment on it when you have NEVER read my blog or commented on it. i know you haven't read it because i posted about jimmer a few days ago and you didn't comment at all. ha.

Tommy Leininger said...

I just want you to know that I am not reading your blog right now, so just say whatever you want.

barret said...

I also read your blog faithfully Dallin. So you don't have to be disappointed that Alyse is your only reader. I'm sure you'll be ready too for Volleyball.

Dallin Murphy said...

okay good. i was getting worried

Alec Myres said...

Dallin,
You are a champ. You are deep and smart and strong and exactly what you should be. Your blog is much appreciated.
Alec

Kristin said...

I read this religiously. Right after I finish the scriptures each morning, I go to Dallin's blog to see if anything has been posted.

BTW, I like the "Don't hate. Appreciate!" comment on Alyse's blog.

Uncle Nathan