Sunday, January 30, 2011

Dallin Shoji Part II

Try outs is happening right now. It turns out that my JV coach last year told the other setter that he needs to compete with me for that starting spot. I am excited and frightened by the fact that I have a chance to start. I am not expecting anything, because I don't know how good I am or how good I need to be. Corona Del Mar, the best team in our league, has at least 2 guys going to D-1 colleges to play volleyball. It is going to be super fun! I need to work as hard as I can.
I ended my semester with a 3.6 GPA. That is not bad, but not what I hoped. I really needed an A in Math, but no, I got a B. I did get a 103% on my science final though, which was awesome. I felt kind of bad because my teacher set the curve before my class took the test, and then I beat it. But I felt kind of bad because one of my friends worked really hard to set that curve, and I did not really study all that hard.
I am going to EFY with Evan Myres, my cousin. We are both extremely excited, but I think we are too excited if it is 6 months away, which is really too bad. We are going to BYU and are staying in Heleman Halls.
Life is good.

No comments: