Sunday, February 21, 2010

T'was a good 2 weeks away from the blog. I found out a new favorite song, even though i don't know what they are saying. Alyse posted this on her blog, but I will too. The song is by a post-rock icelandic band called Sigur Ros. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EyI4p0yjDQ is the link, since I cannot figure out how to put it on the page just as a video.(help me with that alyse) For those who don't speak fluent Icelandic, the lyrics are at the end of my post.
Last weekend, Bethany and I were at the Alpine Myres house to help Evan with his eagle scout project. It was a lot of fun being with them and hanging out with them. On Saturday, we drove there to Del Mar, which is half way to the Myres House. We went to dinner at this Chinese/American Resturant. It was alright. Then we went to their house and hung out then lifted weights in their garage. I was sore for a very long time. After we went to church the next day, Evan Isaac and I went out into their back yard and shot the BB Gun at thrown away water bottles that were filled with water. It was a lot of fun there. At the Eagle Project, we planted about 1000 trees. It was fun helping him.
VOLLEYBALL IS STARTING!!!!! I am so extatic for this. Guess what...I MADE JV AS A SETTER! I am really excited because it is so much better than basketball. I am the only freshman on JV, and there are a bunch of sophomores and juniors. I love it.

Here are the lyrics

Smiling
Spinning round and round
Holding hands
The whole world a blur
But you are standing

Soaked
Completely drenched
No rubber boots
Running inside us
Want to erupt from a shell

The Wind
An outdoor smell of your hair
I breathe as hard as I can
with my nose

Jump into puddles
With no boots on
Completely drenched(Soaked)
With no boots on

And I get a nosebleed
But I always stand up
(Hopelandish)

And I get a nosebleed
But I always stand up
(Hopelandish)

3 comments:

alyse said...

D, if you go to youtube and you're looking at the video, you just go over to the right of the video and copy and paste the information next to "Embed" and put it in your blog post as you're writing. it's such a good song, right? i LOVE it. i'm playing it on the piano.

Tommy Leininger said...

and I'm gonna learn it on the violin! so we can start a family band. you can be lead singer, austin can play guitar, alyse on the piano, me on the violin, bethany and cole as back-up dancers. it'll be great.

awesome job on the volleyball stuff. i hope we get to see you and austin play sometime.

Dallin Murphy said...

I am gonna learn it on the piano first